Thursday, February 11, 2010

A 3 week vacation is not enough

I can't believe we'll be leaving next week. This feels like much too short a vacation.

Loreta and Bill invited us for dinner yesterday, and Earl and Gail. It was a wonderful meal (egg plant dip, crackers and cheese appetizers, green salad, shrimp risotto (sp?) and peaches, ice cream and brownie for dessert). Loreta is a good cook. See, you don't have to live on bully beef and cabbage here in Belize, although that dish is coming up real soon for Jacques and I.

Jacques is out doing his man-chore. He is putting up a chain out by the road. Not sure how much it will be used because the house build will be happening pretty soon after we leave. He is also going into the bush to carve out a walkway. Hmm..... how useful is that I wonder, but he's happy doing his man-chore so we'll leave it at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment