Ha ha....we're not as dumb as I make us sound. We do have a budget! So with electricity being one of your most costly expenses in Belize (then comes your phone line), we decided to explore the use of solar panels/wind. This is a tremendous task because we know virtually nothing about it, but Jacques has now spent countless hours on the internet and we've been in touch with a lady in Belize who has done her place entirely on solar. So, I think it's coming along. We also booked a one day seminar at the Kortright centre to become more learned.
The numbers being quoted to build a house is $65-$75 /sq foot (for a cement house). The alternative would be a pre-fab mennonite home made of wood but costing significantly less. I think we've ruled that out now, partly because you get what you pay for (no finishes, just a shell of a home) and a wooden home doesn't give us comfort in a hurricane.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment