The seminar was useful as it simplified much of our concerns. We saw a cottage fully powered by solar and wind. We did discover something that would be very appropriate for a hurricane prone country and that is flexible panels that are bolted onto your roof (can even be shingles) but obviously more costly than regular panels. I'm trying to google it (thought it was called monochrome panels) but can't find them.
Apart from spending 3 hours outside in yesterday's -15C degree weather, shivering and cursing under my breath, it was a useful seminar. Actually, as the group ventured further into the woods to talk more about wind energy, Jacques and I snuck off to the car and left. Enough is enough, we say!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hey Donna,
ReplyDeleteDid Pip and Jason ever contact you? I passed on your info, so I'm hoping they contacted you. I have some good info on cisterns and tankless water heaters if you are interested. John is set to begin on our house March 16th and has a finish date of June 8th. I see you are scheduled to begin shortly after that. I'll let you know how things are going on our place.
Perry
Hi Perry,
ReplyDeleteNo, haven't heard from Pip and Jason yet but no worries. Yes, would love to hear the info on the cisterns and water heaters.
Donna