Saturday, May 16, 2009

It's hot today


Went up to see our property and boy was it hot!!! There seemed to be no breeze blowing off the lagoon today. They have not finished with the clearing yet; having problems with the chain saw. I think they've already gone through two. This pic is from the main road (Northern highway) looking down our road at the length of the property.

I have to report the bad with the good. I have many bites on my legs, whether it's from flies, ants or mosquitos, I'm not sure. It could be from walking through our property after the clearing, or sitting on a rock with ants or just sitting on the balcony. But I've had one night of constant scratching - it's a good thing our sheets are on the rough side so I just dragged my legs back and forth across it....it was like a scrub :-). The bed here leaves a lot to be desired....now I miss my marshmallow bed and my sheets!! But I'm trying a remedy someone told us about for the bites....Vicks vapor rub....and it has helped the itching a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment