Saturday, May 9, 2009
Not sure if it's the Belizean way
As I was sitting on my balcony a taxi driver stopped and chit chatted a while. Then he told me he worked for Miss Jeri at the end of the road and that we should stop by for a visit as she's a really nice lady. So, I immediately called to Mom for us to go for a walk before I questioned whether we should do this without an invite. So off we went, knocked at the door and was greeted by a vivacious and friendly lady, Miss Jeri. In less than a minute we were sitting at her table, drinking apple juice and eating nuts. I thought she said "nets" so I refused at first.....she is from Washington along with the accent. Anyway, got a tour of a very fancy and huge luxury resort type dwelling. She offered me lots of branches off her plants when I'm ready to plant. But, she has her place up for sale as her husband wants her back in Washington.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hi Donna,
ReplyDeleteI'm impressed. You're blogging more that I am. It helps keep track of your thoughts, over time. The place down the road from you is the Almond Tree Inn. Dave posted a report on it yesterday. Hope John gets the key to us so we can look at Barry and Libbys' house. Also saw your other blog on poker. I see Mom's going to have her way with the boys' on Monday. They had better watch out. :-)
PC