
Had breakfast at Miss June's today with John and Perry. It was a good meeting and I now feel confident of our plans. We could possibly be filling and clearing 200 feet before the end of our trip. Now it's really getting exciting. Got a quote to run the power lines down and it's not as bad as we thought although the quote needs to be approved by the supervisor.
The next step is to revise the house design. We're going to build a one-storey 2 bedroom home and not the duplex apartments we originally planned. Guesthouses will come later in the plan. I have promised John that we won't change the design once it's signed off so now that I put that in print I guess he can hold me to it.
Got a parking ticket today. When you see a sign that says no parking 1-15 it does not mean 1 to 15 minutes as Mom thought (and I didn't think about at all) but rather the 1st to 15th of the month. You park on the other side of the road where it says 16-31. Well, we are now wiser and also now know where the Civic centre is. We tried to plead foreigner ignorance but it didn't fly.
Will try to load up some pics later.

Sorry Donna, I should have warned you about the parking situation. Don't park in the yellow zone either, or 30 feet from a corner. How much was the fine?
ReplyDeletePC