Decided to do a little exploring before going to church. Melanie, Mom's church companion and my reprieve, was in Cancun picking up her daughter. We were trying to find Tim's which is a place with a pool and a restaurant but didn't find it. Instead we drove until we came upon someone's big mango tree and Mom couldn't resist the temptation to have some. So we asked the owners if we could buy some mangoes - whatever $1.50 could buy us. Here I thought we might buy 2 and before you knew it, one of the guys climbed the tree all the way to the top in no time at all and then started tossing down mangoes to the other. We ended up with a bag full of mangoes! Do you see him in the picture?
It was extremely hot today so we asked Jim if we could come over for a swim. Invitations seems to be always ‘bathing suits optional’ :-). We found out Jim is a photographer so we just had to have some pictures of ourselves! Jim and Melanie have a lovely back yard - I love everything about it!
We needed to postpone Tuesday's lunch with Darry because we're going to Gail's for another girl's get together, so we stopped by his house. We met his aunt and his cousin…very nice people. So, Darry told us that one of the areas we were exploring this morning was a bad area of town, San Antonio (thankfully not the place where we got the mangoes). The other is Skeleton town. I had surmised that we were in a bad area when some guys started shouting us down to stop. They were very brazen about it so I told Mom I think we should turn back. We did and then flew past them as fast as the truck would go and I almost ran full speed over a speed bump. They of course shouted us down again as we passed and even ran out into the road motioning us to stop. That was scary and the fact that Darry confirmed it has gotten Mom very paranoid now. He cautioned us to be careful when walking at night even in Corozal town and not to flaunt your belongings. So I will start traveling with less of my fortune on me now :-).
No comments:
Post a Comment