Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Once a month pot luck

Attended the monthly pot luck for all the expats. Was good, met more people but am approaching brain overload now, so we're going to slow down.

Clearing of our land starts tomorrow so we'll take a drive up to see. Now the fun starts!

Mom and I went out for ice cream tonight, and it was not good! I will have to keep looking for the one Jacques and I went to when we were here in January. I recall that one being very good or rather, close enough to the real thing.

In case anyone is wondering, our oldies night was good. I think maybe I really like that old stuff. I was surprised I knew so many songs. It was just the 4 of us there, Bob, Sherry and us!! :-)

So for something a little more exciting, we stopped by to watch the poker game. We were too late to play but somehow I think they're a little out of our league!! This is serious stuff. Mom made friends with a guy called "Tiny" so he has enticed her to go to Sarteneja one day. It's just a ferry ride across so I guess we'll be planning that soon.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Donna,
    Sounds like you and your mom are having a good time. You're blogging more than I am. Glad to see you added pictures. Your blog is looking good. See you soon.
    PC

    ReplyDelete